Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A day in Ghent



We loved our short stay in Ghent.  What a beautiful walkable city.  We started with breakfast at our hotel looking out over the canal.




We walked to several churches and climbed the bell tower from which this photo is taken.
The church itself was closed for renovation but there were many more churches to see.


After a lovely lunch, Pentti toured Gravensteen the castle below.  It is located right in the city center.  Actually I took this photo from the window of the restaurant where we had lunch.  (hence the aloe plant in the forground)

I went shopping for linen and chocolates!
Today we're packing up to take the Eurostar train to London.

See you on the other side.

1 comment:

Sarah Ryhanen said...

I love that photo of the castle with the aloe in the forground. Miss you guys tons. Miss calling you on a whim!

Your instagram has been great, I feel like I'm along for the ride.

Keep it coming!
Love you.